I am not really sure why, buy lately I have been in a Harry Potter mood. Well, I meant to just paint my nails red because I am super excited for Taylor Swift’s new CD, but plain red nails were too boring so I added some gold stripes to give them a little Gryffindor twist.
For this I used Ruby Ruby by Sinful Colors #369 and Gold Glitter by LA Colors Art Deco #NA904.
Okay so I found this design on Pinterest and loved it. I guess inspiration really can come from anywhere.
The colors I used were:
Mint Apple by SinfulColors #947
Baby Pink by LA Colors Art Deco #NA909
You’re Kiln Me by Finger Paints (Sorry I can’t find the number on this bottle, but it is one of the little nail art bottles if you really want to find it.)
These were so much fun to do and my sister was kind enough to let me experiment on her.
-Saved by the Blue by Wet n Wild #230C
-Black Out by Hard as Nails #370
-Starry Silver Glitter by New York Color #105
-Just In Lime by Insta-Dri
-Through the Grapevine by Wet n Wild #208B
1. Apply a base coat. I know it isn’t exactly right but I just use top coat as my base coat sine I don’t have any right now.
2. Apply a dark color as background. We used the black.
3. Choose a color and place a small amount of that color on a piece of paper or a paper plate.
4. Using a cosmetic sponge, dab a little bit into the sponge and apply a thin layer onto your nail.
5. Repeat this process with as many bright or light colors as you want.
6. Apply sparkles.
7. If there isn’t enough black showing or you want more dimension, dab some black onto the nail.
8. Apply top coat when finished.
*Do not worry about getting polish on your skin. Just dip a q-tip into some nail polish remover and carefully rub around nail. It comes off super easily!
This is a great project for newer painters, like for a kid’s slumber party or something. It’s pretty hard to mess it up because there isn’t a specific way to make it perfect. Have fun!
Okay so this polish by L.A.Girl Metal is AMAZING! I only used one cost and the picture is from before I put the top coat on. Now that is some awesome polish. I am loving it!
It’s called Chromium Green
Go Get It Now! They have lots of other colors in this line too and I’m sure they’re just as good. I love polish that only needs one coat!
Purple Jungle Stripes
I was running a little short on time this morning, so I had to do something simple.
I used NYC French White and Purple Stripe Rite
1. Apply 3-4 coats of white.
2. Once dry draw horizontal stripes, starting from the outside of the nail, on your ring finger.
3. Finish off with OPI Top Coat when you are all done.
I bought some new nail polish and ran out of room in my big silver case so I had to do some reorganizing. I counted 102 different colors. Today, alone, I bought six new colors for no other reason than that I was bored and had nothing better to do. I have a serious problem. haha.
I’m still in a Vera Bradley mood so I did my sister’s nails with Island Bloom as inspiration. This one seriously took FOREVER to do! But I’m happy with how they turned out.
-Blue Me Away by Xtreme Wear #130
-Green With Envy by Xtreme Wear #110
-Pelican Gray by China Glaze #952
-White Stripe Rite
-Black Stripe Rite
-French White Tips by New York Color #134
And I bought a giant bottle of Top Coat! I was seriously
so excited when I found it. It’s by Beauty Secrets.
1. I painted each of her nails with the blue.
2. I drew the designs in the colors that I wanted using dotting tools and thin nail art brushes.
3. Next, I outlined them with black and added some details.
4. I applied top cot and my fast dry drops by OPI.
As much as I like these I won’t be doing them again any time soon. They are just so time consuming. Maybe I’ll try them again one day when I’m really bored. Have fun.
I found this and couldn’t resist!!
1. If you went to Hogwarts which house would you be sorted in?According to Pottermore I am a Ravenclaw. Since that is the closest thing to an actual sorting I can get, I’m going to accept that!
2.What would be your patronus?
Am I allowed to say Mockingjay?
3. Have you ever been to the HP midnight release?
Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes!! I’ve been to movies and books! They are both amazing!! Though I have to say book releases are much more fun!
4. What did you think of the Deathly Hallows?
I laughed, I cried, it made me furious at some parts but overall I love it much much more than any book I have ever read!
5. How many times have you reread the books?
Part of me wishes I had kept track. Seriously it’s too many times to count. They’re all falling apart though…
6. Who’s death was the saddest?
I think Snape’s and Fred’s upset me the most.
1. If you went to Hogwarts would you rather have an owl, a cat, or a rat?
An owl, hands down. It would be one of those little Elf Owls and her name would be Aurelia. Don’t ask me why, but that’s what I’ve always thought. Haha.
8. What do you think of the movie Half-Blood Prince?
By the time Half-Blood Prince came out, I realized that if I kept comparing the movies to the books I would always be disappointed. So, after watching it and looking at it as just a movie and not an adaption to the book, I really liked it. It’s only when you try to compare it that you find all the flaws. Overall though, I thought it was a decent movie. Not my favorite but by far not my least favorite.
9. What do you think of the Deathly Hallows being split in two?
I think that was the best decision they could have made for the movie series. So much would have been lost if they had kept it all as one movie.
10. Have you read the Tales of Beedle and Bard?Yes I have! More than once, actually. I even have two copies of it. Bloomsbury and Scholastic.
11. When did you first become a Potter fan?
I don’t remember how old I was but I was in third grade, I think. My cousin gave me a copy of Chamber of Secrets that she didn’t want (and never read or she wouldn’t have given it to me), and I fell in love from the first page. After that I had to go back and read Stone and then the rest of them as they came out. Loved every second of it.
Luna. She’s just awesome, but Hermione is a close second.
Professor McGonagall. I love that there is a whole history on her on Pottermore! That just made me love her even more.
Narcissa Malfoy. She’s the only one that seemed to still be a little bit human.
Wingardium Leviosa. It takes me back to Book 1.
“Always” - Severus Snape
I don’t just have one so I split them up into categories.
Of the First Three #3 is my favorite.
Of the Next Three #6 is my favorite.
And then I feel like I have to add #7 because it was so epic.
Sorcerer’s Stone & Deathly Hallows Part 2 are tied.
Even though I’m a Ravenclaw, Gryffindor is my favorite. But that’s just because I know more about Gryffindor than Ravenclaw.
Diagon Alley. When I think of Harry Potter I immediately think of Diagon Alley. I don’t really know why. Probably because that’s where Harry gets to experience the wizarding world for the first time.
I am the biggest Ron & Hermione shipper ever!
This or that…
Gryffindor or Slytherin?
Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff?
Fred or George?
How do you choose?
Ginny or Luna?
Butterbeer or Firewhiskey?
Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade?
Books or Movies?
I’m always a book person but the movies were still pretty awesome.
Half Blood Prince or Deathly Hallows?
The Deathly Hallows.
Philosopher’s Stone or Chamber of Secrets?
Snape or Slughorn?
Lupin or Sirius?
Harry & Ginny or Harry & Hermione?
Harry & Ginny. Harry and Hermione is nonexistent.
Lavender Brown or Parvati Patil?
Parvati Patil. I can’t stand Lavender.
Seamus Finnigan or Dean Thomas?
Kreacher or Dobby?
Muggleborn or Pureblood?
Dan or Rupert?
Bellatrix or Narcissa?
Voldemort or Tom Riddle?
Tom Riddle. At least he was described in the books as good looking.
Hedwig or Crookshanks?
Hedwig. How do you pick anything other than Hedwig?
Who did you honestly want to die more: Voldemort or Umbridge?
Umbridge all the way!
Very Berry Paisley Pedi
Normally I am not a fan of showing people my toes, and I especially wouldn’t display them online for the world to see, but this is a special occasion. I have been dying to do these nails for a long long time but I was too afraid to try them for the first time on my fingers. I wasn’t sure how my left hand would do. I’m pretty proud of how these turned out. = ) Now just stick with me for a bit, this is going to be a long one.
- Fuchsia Shock Creme by New York Color #111
-Green With Envy by Xtreme Wear #110
-Baby Pink by LA Colors Art Deco
-Celeb City by Xtreme Wear #220
-Dutch Ya Just Love OPI by OPI #NL H55
-Black By Stripe Rite
-White by Stripe Rite
-Magenta by LA Colors Art Deco
-OPI Top Coat
To be honest, if I write down step by step what I did we’ll all be here all night. I pretty much looked at my Vera Bradley Very Berry Paisley Tote and copied what I saw.